Pipe coupling or repair coupling?
The main difference of a Repico® repair clamp compared to a Repico® coupling is that the rubber seal is not in one piece and it has no grip rings. The split seal allows the clamp to be put around the pipe but has the same progressive sealing.
Repico® pipe or repair couplings have several advantages over a traditional connection (repair) method:
- A Repico® coupling takes only minutes to install and requires hardly any preparation. Think of how much this will save you. Think of initial material cost, labour cost and being able to finish installation much quicker.
- Only a torque wrench is required for the installation and there is no fire or explosion risk during installation. Less precautions and permits are required which shortens installation times.
- A Repico® coupling is smaller than a flange. You require less storage space, less transportation capacity, less space to install the pipe or get more pipes close together in a smaller space.
- Due to soft sealing materials the Repico® coupling will absorb vibrations, noise and will reduce fatigue fractures in the pipe system. This results in more comfort and less future repairs.
The Repico® couplings and repair clamps are manufactured in our own production location AVK Rewag, equipped with the most modern production machines and test equipment. We are ISO 9001 and 14001 certified and use only the highest quality stainless steel and rubber parts / seals. AVK Rewag has over 40 years of experience in the manufacture of both standard and custom stainless steel products, which we sell in more than 40 countries.
Stainless steel and rubber qualities
The Repico couplings are supplied as standard in stainless steel 316, 304 is available on request. Depending on the application, you can choose from the different rubber qualities EPDM, NBR, Silicone and FKM.
- EPDM Ethylene-Propylene-diene Monomer, according to EN 681-1, WRAS & W270 approved: is extremely suitable for water, hot water, oxidizing liquids and acids. Temperature reach -40°C to +120°C.
- NBR Nitrile-butadiene rubber (nitrile rubber), according to EN 682, is especially suitable for gas, (waste) water, animal and vegetable oil. Temperature reach -40°C to +100°C.
- FKM Fluorocarbon elastomer, has good resistance to mineral, vegetable and animal oils, fuels, many bases, acids and solvents. Temperature reach -30°C to +250°C.
- SILICONE, is especially suitable for steam. Temperature reach -70°C to +200°C.